Friday, May 10, 2013

Antibodies and Armchairs

Thank you for your kind wishes- I am on the mend now! My little pal has been keeping me company while I was sleeping on the sofa.

 
He hasn't complained about his shorter than usual walks, nor has he pestered to play in the garden.
He was happier this morning, walking further in spite of the rain.
 
Today I should be working on my Ten Plus textiles pieces...I am thinking about it, honestly. This is where I'm up to so far.
 
 
My embellishing machine has finally seen some action, needle felting strips and blocks of fabric onto wadding. It takes a while, but I find it really therapeutic and I love the texture it achieves.
 
 
The armchair was machine appliqued onto the background and I'll be adding newspaper print text, but I need to experiment with resizing the letters. I've been inspired by some "abandoned" garden chairs I see on one of my dog walks along the canal and I began collecting phrases from the memorial benches along the walk. I've been thinking a lot around the image of a chair where someone habitually sat, after they have got up, gone, the impression of them having been there and their lasting presence.
 
 
Well, I better get on so I can have more to show you. Have a lovely weekend xx
 

No comments:

Post a Comment