Thursday, June 20, 2013

Arrange the Letters

Hello, remember me? I just don't seem to be able to find my voice at times, though I do keep up with reading lots of your blogs. The last couple of weeks have been hard- it would have been my Dad's 70th Birthday on Saturday, then Father's Day....

On a brighter note, we have at last had some sunny weather and my middle child has finished his GCSEs.



My latest pursuit- cutting out letters from the newspaper, resizing them and printing them onto fabric. No it is not some elaborate ransom note or a weird new wordsearch (I hope there are no rude words hidden in there!). I'll be using the text in my latest stitching project, which is still in progress for the upcoming Ten Plus Textiles exhibition at Bankfield Museum.


We have managed to visit a couple of events recently. I had a lovely time at the Little Northern Contemporary Craft Fair and this was one of my purchases.

 
I think this is such a lovely idea and the little pot is so delicate. Every couple of days I choose some different flowers from my garden to display on the bathroom windowsill and the sun streaming through the window makes them shine! It's one of those small blessings that lift your heart!
 
We are really looking forward to the Holmfirth Artmarket this weekend- so many lovely people creating beautiful work (and I think I might have a birthday coming up ;D )
 
I'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, have a great week/ weekend and enjoy the sunshine xx


No comments:

Post a Comment