Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sewing is Never A Bind

It has been a while since I blogged about anything crafty and I have been busy sewing as the Knitting and Stitching Shows are fast approaching. Yesterday I was at a meeting of the Ten Plus Textiles Group and we were selecting the work that each member of the group is going to exhibit there. It is going to be a beautiful and colourful display! We had a very busy day, but it was helped along by gorgeous cakes that Diana had baked.

This morning I have been busy binding one of my pieces, trying to get everything finished in time.


A sneak preview of one of the pieces, inspired by a letter from my Nan, our shared love of cottages and a sprinkling of fairy magic!

                                                                    Nan's Dream

I quite like how the quilting looks on the back of these pieces too!

                                                            Away With The Fairies

                                                                      Like A Flame

If any of you get chance to visit our stand at the Shows, I don't think you will be disappointed. I will be stewarding Thursday to Saturday at Dublin and over the weekend at Harrogate- I'd love it if you came to say "Hello",:D

No comments:

Post a Comment